Why do I need a Document Management System?
When dealing with a wide range of documents and an expanding customer base, we inevitably find ourselves requiring access to an increasing number of vital documents we need to carry out our day to day business duties. Everyone realises how much easier it is to have everything in one place within an office environment, but rarely have the tools to allow this to happen. Even when you are confident about finding the right document, it often becomes time-consuming to find the correct version and can become a real chore. Many ERP implementations do not have an ‘Internal Document Management System (DMS)’, so to get this functionality, you will have to pay for another ‘external DMS package’ and pay again if you want it integrated with your ERP.
Enapps ERP software now has an integrated ‘Advanced Document Management System’ feature which along with standard document attachments, allows you to create a document library which facilitates quick access and search facilities on any attachments within the ERP. The attachments can also be organised into a custom hierarchy making browsing for documents much more logical.
Benefits of using the integrated Enapps DMS:
- Open access to all files – When keeping all of the documents in a single database environment you have easy unobstructed access to them from any part of the world whenever it is convenient. All significant ERP files will always be just a click away.
- Logical document arrangement – The documents are viewed in one location and can be grouped in a folder hierarchy which reflects your desired workflow. They also can simply be filtered by date, owner, company, type, revision etc., so that it will normally take you just a few seconds to find what you are looking for.
- Security – Your internal management staff will decide ‘who can see what’. This maintains confidentiality and privacy for your employees’ personal data and ensures that the proper information will be in safe hands.
- Simplified searching – Instead of flipping through multiple systems or dozens of paper documents, you can minimize the time devoted to finding the right information. Searching just became much easier by typing few letters of the file’s name/company/folder or simply indicating the date.
- File attachments – Enapps Advanced Document Management System users can easily drag & drop files or send file attachments via Outlook into the exact place required within ERP system. This means that numerous ERP transactions can contain related attachments, which can all be logically laid out within the system library.
- Efficiency – Specific detailed drawings, BOM’s and Specifications tend to be an important part of any project, which is why our customers often want to upload attachments to their projects, sales or purchase orders. Efficiency is the essential ingredient when it comes to dealing with a large number of files, which is why our ERP system has been optimised for this workflow. ERP operators now have the ability to search, edit and download multiple attachments (either separately or as an entire package) in an instant.
- Any file format – Enapps ERP system allows any file type to be attached and even allows you to preview and edit some file types.
- Flexibility – If your particular business requires more functionality or features within the Advanced DMS, it can be customised according to your needs.
- Easy integration – Our Advanced DMS can integrate with most other software used for business purposes.
- Standard DMS or Advanced DMS? – The standard Enapps DMS delivers the required DMS functionality for most companies and allows you to attach files and visually preview most file types directly within the ERP. If you require more functionality within this area, you will need to opt for the ‘Advanced DMS’ which delivers much more functionality in the areas of Organisation, Searching, Versioning and File Hierarchy Management along with the ‘in ERP’ editing of Microsoft documents.
- No third-party DMS needed –You do not need to add a third-party DMS with its associated costs and learning curve.
If you would like more information on the Enapps Advanced Document Management System functionality or any other aspect of Enapps drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org